The new BII ESG Toolkit for Financial Institutions (FIs) is designed to provide practical guidance for the sector about how to assess and manage E&S and BI risks and capitalise on any related opportunities. It sets out:
- What to expect when working with BII.
- An overview of the E&S Business Case
- How to address E&S matters throughout the transaction cycle.
- How to set up and continually improve E&S management systems (ESMS) and business integrity management systems (BIMS).
- How to assess and manage business integrity matters.
- Sector profiles that outline the most relevant sector-specific E&S risks, impacts and opportunities.
- How to manage commonly encountered E&S topics via E&S topics.
- Further resources, checklists, templates and other useful materials.
- Quick guide
Where to look in this Toolkit when… Key sections/links …… preparing to pitch a new FI proposal to BII. …… preparing the FI’s annual ESG report for BII. …… setting up or updating the FI’s E&S and BI management systems. …… conducting due diligence on potential new transactions. …… supporting and managing portfolio companies. …… making the business case to propose the value add of E&S Management Systems in FI. …… understanding and managing governance and business integrity issues, including corporate governance, anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, whistleblowing and sanctions. …… learning about specific E&S topics. …… assessing and managing E&S issues associated with specific industry sectors. …… exploring opportunities to build climate resilient portfolios, green financing and gender-smart investing